Senior Software Engineer with Go & Kubernetes Job at SUSE – Roma, Lazio
Senior Software Engineer with Go & Kubernetes
# Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help build innovative open source software in the container space. As part of the Rancher Container Ecosystem team, you will explore new ideas and work on new and developing projects. You will be a key player in delivering solutions enriching the user experience of cloud-native platforms such as Kubernetes and making the life easier for people running containerized workloads.
Our organization within SUSE is responsible for the Rancher product suite. We build open-source software that addresses the operational and security challenges of managing cloud native platforms like Kubernetes, while providing DevOps teams with integrated tools for running containerized workloads. Our flagship product Rancher has over 100 million downloads to-date and is managing mission critical services at Fortune 500 companies and many other organizations large and small around the world.
At SUSE, we are strongly committed to open source and we contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and be part of various open source projects in the container ecosystem, like Kubernetes, Rancher, Fleet, Kubewarden, and Kubernetes distributions. You will work together with the communities for these projects and strive to continuously advance the state of the art.
Curiosity and teamwork are two of the values that drive us as a development team. If you are passionate about these values too, you are likely a great fit for us. As a team, we’re constantly finding ways to improve ourselves. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we’re all in this together!
# About You
Education and Experience:
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Your ability to learn fast and to be able to think on your feet will be key to this role. Ideally, you will have past experience working as a Software Engineer and have familiarity with technologies such as Linux Containers/Docker, Kubernetes or other orchestrators.
Still the following is expected from you:
- You are confident in the use of Linux, shell scripting, Git and other open source development tooling.
- You are familiar with Linux containers and container orchestration solutions
- You have Go programming language interest and are passionate about coding
- You are good at spoken and written English and have excellent good written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You can effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
The following experience would be useful, but not necessary (training can be provided):
- Close collaboration with Software Engineering teams – in an agile SCRUM or Kanban setup preferably
- Hands on experience with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure or others)
- Experience with troubleshooting complex issues in highly automated and distributed environments
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer
- Knowledge of testing automation frameworks and tools
- More generally, understanding of modern software development, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, and infrastructure-as-code
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and enterprise-grade open source solutions, relied upon by more than 60% of the Fortune 500 to power their mission-critical workloads. We specialize in Enterprise Linux, Kubernetes Management, and Edge solutions, and collaborate with partners and communities to empower our customers to innovate everywhere –- from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond. SUSE puts the “open” back in open source, giving customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow. The company is headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, and employs nearly 2000 people globally. SUSE is listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
About the Company
Company: SUSE –
Company Location: Roma, Lazio